Inside a 5 year old's head is a tiring place to be, I am concluding this evening.
Thomas was out so I had to take the kids to bed. In general Thomas likes to do this to read Danish stories to the kids, but once or twice a month I am on duty. Anna was restless and hyper and not ready to sleep. In the space of ten minutes in the darkness she asked me:
- Mummy, which bits does your brain control, is it only talking, or breathing and other stuff too?
- Mummy, what's your blood for?
- Mummy, if dragons had really existed would they have lived at the same time as the dinosaurs and would they have had to eat coal to keep their fire working?
- Mummy, why is there air floating about everywhere, could we survive without it?
- Mummy, if I was bigger than Charlotte when I was born but smaller than Amaia, could I still grow up to be the biggest?
- Mummy, I love school so much but I want to wear my blue summer dress, why is there no summer this year?
- Mummy, in Little Bo Peep, who is it who tells her to leave them alone? Is it her mummy, or maybe her older brother?
- Mummy, why did Jack have a crown on when he went for water?
- Mummy, why did they forget to put Jack and Jill in my nursery rhyme book?
- Mummy why is Incy Wincy called Peter in Danish? And do Scottish children know his real name is Peter or should I tell them?
- Mummy why do English people on the telly sound different to Scottish ones?
Finally I made my escape - god knows how many other questions she mulled over before I found her snoring ten minutes later!
Post a Comment