Academic Proofreaders/Editors - Freelance/Experienced
PSUK - Cambridge
PSUK - Cambridge
- EXPERIENCE AND/OR A PHD ESSENTIAL
- Fully flexible, remote-working.
We're looking for experienced freelance (independent contractor) proofreaders/editors.
If you are experienced in academic editing and/or hold a PhD, please send us an email with the title 'FREELANCE PROOFREADING & EDITING - INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS' and the following details in the main body:
e.g. BA (Hons) Management, University of Warwick, 1989
PhD Management Studies, UCL, 2004
Other relevant qualifications:
e.g. Advanced Member, SfEP, 2013
e.g. Editor, Editing LTD, USA, 2008-13
Strongest academic areas:
e.g. Business, Management, etc.
- Rates of pay are around £12 per hour (based on 2k words edited in 1 hour).
- Fully flexible: as a freelance contractor, you dictate when you work and when you don't. No explanations are needed when you accept/reject a job. You are in complete control of the construct and outcome of your work.
- You will only be offered jobs in your chosen academic disciplines which keeps the work interesting.
Please feel free to attach your CV to the email also.
Unfortunately, we are we are unable to answer all emails due to the volume we receive.
So the message we are sending is that if you take 8 years out to reach PhD level, you can read other people's PhDs for £12 an hour, so they too can qualify and earn £12/hr. What exactly is the incentive, particularly south of the border to run up debts to the tune of £9K+ a year, so you can earn a whopping great £18900 annually before tax, with no pension, no sick pay, no paid holidays? Working in your local supermarket for minimum wage (£6-50/hr) but with holidays (and no 8 year earnings break) etc and no lulls between jobs, would potentially end up earning you the same amount, in a much less stressful manner.